Here are some resources and contact information you may find useful. If you have suggestions for other contacts/resources, please let us know by using the contact form available on this site.
- Accredited General Dentistry (DDS/DMD) Programs in Canada
- National Dental Specialties
- Hospital Internship and Dental Residency Programs in North America
- CDSPI - Advice, Insurance, Investments
- CDSPI is a not-for-profit organization focused solely on supporting the needs of the Canadian dental community. CDSPI provides you with stress-free expert advice and leading insurance and investment solutions, tailored specifically to your needs. Take advantage of complimentary access to (a) investment planning advisors that offer students practical financial tips and solutions, and (b) insurance advisors that offer you valuable insurance that comes at no cost to students, including disability, life and dental tools coverage. As you progress through dental school, approach graduation and begin practising, CDSPI will help you every step of the way. Learn more >
- Canadian Dental Association (CDA)
- Certificate of Recognition for Dental Internship Program
- CDA/DENTSPLY Student Clinician Research Program
- CDA Student Leadership Award
- JCDA Oasis
- CDAnet - Important Information for Graduating Students!
- CDAnet is the service that enables dentists to send patients' dental benefit claims to insurance companies electronically. A CDAnet subscription authorizes a dentist to send claims electronically from a particular office. When you join a dental office, it is likely that one of the first things you will be asked to do is subscribe to CDAnet and to the ITRANS Claim Service, CDA's complementary service that enables electronic claims to be transmitted securely on the internet. CDAnet and ITRANs are member services that are only available to members of their provincial/territorial dental associations, or in Quebec, members of CDA.
- To find out more about CDAnet and ITRANs, including how to subscribe, please visit http://www.cda-adc.ca/en/services/CDANet/
- National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB)
- Graduates of accredited dental programs
- Graduates of non-accredited general dentistry programs
- Graduates of eligible non-accredited dental specialty programs
- On the NDEB website, students can find a number of resources related to preparing for the boards and OSCE. All resources, including the released questions, can be found under the Reference Materials and Resources section on the NDEB website. Information on how to apply for the Written Examination and OSCE can be found under Accredited Programs. You can also email the NDEB at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
- Association of Faculties of Dentistry (ACFD)
- Canadian Association for Dental Research (CADR)
- National Health Sciences Students' Association (NaHSSA)
- Network for Canadian Oral Health Research (NCOHR)
- NCOHR links oral health researchers across Canada. NCOHR offers resources to encourage oral health researchers to collaborate and communicate with one another, and with our clinical colleagues. NCOHR envisions that innovative and collaborative oral health research partnerships will make a difference in the health of Canadians.NCOHR resources for Canadian dentistry students include:
- an online registry of oral health researchers and students
- a comprehensive directory of Canadian educational programs in Dentistry
- a list of funding opportunities for trainees
- Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
- Student Professionalism and Ethics Association (SPEA)
- Certification and Licensure
- Regulatory Authorities & Provincial Associations
NEW MOCK OSCE EXAMS - FREE!
Introducing a free tool for individuals taking the NDEB OSCE so they can prepare for the examination.
Register so that you can access the tool and participate in it's development by sending feedback about the use of the site and any suggestions for improvements.