Role Description - Committee Chair
The following applies to both committees and working groups.
Purpose: To lead the committee through the business of completing the tasks required in order to meet the mandate and objectives of the Committee.
- Committee builds a sense of teamwork
- Committee completes tasks assigned
- Committee presents reports to Executive and/or Council as required
- Council completes work on set priorities and action plans supported by work of the committee
- Makes arrangements for meeting and notifies members of date, time and place of meeting.
- Prepares agenda for meeting
- Calls meeting to order
- Delegates responsibilities to committee members
- Uses the committee’s mandate and objectives to guide work of committee
- Involves all members in the decision making
- Reports work of committee to Executive and/or Council as required
- Keeps a written file of work of committee
Time Commitment / Target Dates:
- Time for making arrangements for committee to meet
- Time for committee to discuss business and make recommendations
- Time for committee to report to Executive and/or Council as required
- Time to conduct activity/event if part of the committee role
- Time to draft proposed resolutions (motions) for inclusion in written reports
- Time to produce written reports as required and using the needed templates
- Time to report accomplishments to Executive and/or Council by target dates